FunFactFridaymarine & shipping
Biggest Ships – 9 unbelievable facts
Here are some amazing facts about the biggest ships of the world in different categories.
Can you believe that they are true?
- The container ship HMM Algeciras is longer than the Eiffel Tower or the Empire State Building.
- In 30 years the bulk carrier Valemax Ship will transport 48 million tons of iron or 385 Golden Gate Bridges.
- The oil tanker Eurona V Oceania is able to hold roughly a day of France’s and Britain’s combined oil consumption.
- The passenger ship Symphony of the Seas is about five times the size of the Titanic.
- The naval ship Nimitz-Class Carrier can operate for 20 years without refueling.
- The roro ship MY Tonsberg is only 35 meters shorter than the Eiffel Tower and has an engine with the horsepower of 180 cars.
- The chemical Tanker Bow Pioneer has engines that consume less fuel compared to the older vessels in fleet.
- The gas ship Q-Max Mozah has a deadweight of 128,900 DWT which is more than 25,000+ elephants.
- The yacht Rev Ocean is created to collect and melt down 5 tons of plastic per day.